Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hard Candy Cases Bubble Sleeve for Apple iPad - Black

I had read review after review saying this was a great case except for the glue issue, so when I read that the company had fixed the issue and was providing support for the inferior units still in the wild I decided to go ahead and order it. I've returned many items to Amazon without a single issue so why not?

I'm glad to say that what I received was a great product, with velcro feet and is in fact a great case, fitting the iPad perfectly (this isn't some rehashed netbook case like some companies are selling) and providing excellent protection.

Some people might think the bubbles on the outside look odd. I think they look cool. Regardless, they do provide an added layer of protection and that's why you're buying the case, right?

I bought 23 cents worth of elastic and glued two 3-inch strips behind where the iPad sits. I use this to secure a microfiber cloth (an eyeglass cleaning cloth I got for a dollar) that now sites behind the iPad in the case. Any time it gets a little smudgy I have a wipe handy.

The reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is that it fits the iPad so well there's very little room for anything else. Even my little "elastic and a paper-thin cloth" hack pushed the limits of the case's capacity. I've yet to fit a pair of ear buds and I'd love to be able to. It would be great if the design of the case accounted for this, with perhaps a little pocket on the outside.

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for a case that fits the iPad perfectly and is as stylish as it is secure, there's not a better case out there. If you require a case that will hold a little bit more than just the iPad this one may or may not meet your needs. A little ingenuity (and some super glue) goes a long way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment