Sunday, August 29, 2010

Premium Black Thick Soft Gel Silicone Skin for Apple iPad

I ordered this case the day after I received my iPad. I got the case in the mail today and I must say that I'm very dissatisfied. First and foremost the case does not fit well at all. I believe that whoever designed it did not account for the contoured back of the iPad, and therefore when the case is put on, the front sides pull back away from the screen leaving a quarter inch gap on all four sides. The corners fit well, and the buttons are all well protected, but the portion that fits over the black border on the front sticks up and dust or debris will definitely get caught underneath.

Second, the picture shows a cutout on the back where the Apple logo would show through. The case I received does not have that cutout. Had the cutout been there the case might fit better as it wouldn't have to stretch as much to cover the contoured back of the iPad.

Third is the fact that this thing smells really bad! I've purchased vinyl products before that had an odor, but this one is terrible. I had it sitting in the other room and when a breeze came through the house I could distinctly smell the funky rubber smell.

Do yourself a favor and purchase a different case. The price may seem right, but it is a really good example of "you get what you pay for"...

No comments:

Post a Comment